This page is for consumers currently participating in Telehealth during its first phase.
We are committed to improving access to healthcare for our community. Online videoconferencing, known as Telehealth, is available for our rural and regional consumers where clinically appropriate.
Start a Telehealth call
Press the button below to start a call. Staff can use the staff Telehealth login.
You may be eligible if you:
- live in a rural or regional area (classification RA2 – 5) – use the Doctor Connect website to see if where you live is eligible to access this service
- are a resident of an aged care facility
- attend an Aboriginal medical service
If you are an eligible person attending a clinic, please speak with your doctor about the option of a future Telehealth appointment.
What do I need to make a Telehealth video call?
You can check your computer, phone or tablet and its internet connection to see if you will be able to use Telehealth. For example, you need to check that your camera and speakers are working.
You will need a reasonable internet connection and one of these:
- desktop computer can be Windows PC or an Apple Mac. The Google Chrome browser is required. You will have to have a webcam (usually with a built in microphone) connected
- laptop / notebook computer with the Google Chrome browser installed. A webcam and microphone is usually built into these
- Android smartphone or tablet with Google Chrome browser installed
- iPhone or iPad with the HealthDirect app installed. Always start your video call from this page on our website, not from the app
Once you are ready, you can make a test Telehealth call by pressing the button on this page.