This page is for consumers currently participating in Telehealth during its first phase.
We are committed to improving access to healthcare for our community. Online videoconferencing, known as Telehealth, is available for our rural and regional consumers where clinically appropriate.
Download the Telehealth instructions for consumers.
Download the Telehealth instructions for staff.
Issue for Apple users (Mac, iPhone, iPad)
If you are using an Apple device, once in the video call, you may experience issues with sound and video (you can’t see or hear us). If this occurs press the green “Refresh” button and wait for the call to reset .
You may need to do this more than once. This issue is related to a recent Apple software upgrade and a solution to this issue is underway.
Thanks for your understanding.
Start a Telehealth call
Press the button below to start a call. Staff can use the staff Telehealth login.
You may be eligible if you:
- live in a rural or regional area (classification RA2 – 5) – use the Doctor Connect website to see if where you live is eligible to access this service
- are a resident of an aged care facility
- attend an Aboriginal medical service
If you are an eligible person attending a clinic, please speak with your doctor about the option of a future Telehealth appointment.
What do I need to make a Telehealth video call?
You can check your computer, phone or tablet and its internet connection to see if you will be able to use Telehealth. For example, you need to check that your camera and speakers are working. Press the test call button for this.
You will need a reasonable internet connection and one of these:
- desktop computer can be Windows PC or an Apple Mac. The Google Chrome browser is required. You will have to have a webcam (usually with a built in microphone) connected
- laptop / notebook computer with the Google Chrome browser installed. A webcam and microphone is usually built into these
- Android smartphone or tablet with Google Chrome browser installed
- iPhone or iPad use Safari to visit this page on our website and to enter the call. The Healthdirect video call app is no longer required for apple devices
Once you are ready, you can make a test Telehealth call by pressing the button on this page.